Friday, June 8, 2012

They like to move it... and well!

Hola!

There are few movies that can be credited with their ability to get better or at least stay as good through its series, and the Madagascar franchise just joined that list.

Madagascar 3: Europe's most wanted Review


Appropriately short with a gripping fast pace, Madagascar 3- Europe's Most Wanted, is an animation movie made for viewers of all ages to enjoy. The old characters are as fun as ever, but it's the new characters that add a load of freshness to the movie.

What made me happy? King Julien (my favourite Madagascar character) finally finds a love interest! And so does Alex. Melman and Gloria's chemistry remains ever-so-cute and Marty is in his brightest best. Talking about the characters, I REALLY wish that the Penguins were real AND a part of my life. Their part in the journey of the 4 main characters in vital; and how the hell are they so cool and so, so smart?!


Amongst the new characters, French animal-control officer Chantel DuBois, who trails the animals with the objective of slaying Alex's head, makes for one evil, very talented antagonist. On the other hand, Alex's new love interest, Gia, makes for one pretty jaguar (with a very pretty turqouise neck piece.)


While the story had a very fast pace and all that, there were weak moments in the story; such that I thought they got confused about what they really wanted to focus on for the story. However, I think this sequel was far better than its predecessor. Lessons learnt by team Madagascar?

The music was great and had me grooving in my seat. The only thing I really missed was the old granny from the previous movie. I still remember how I loved the penguins for kicking her around.

However, I am going to insist, do watch the movie if you can! It had some great humorous moments and conversations, especially for adults. For children, it had truckloads of visual appeal, which is primarily what they're there for. It's a movie with rich animation and funny moments for the whole family and might just be the last one by the franchise. (Or so I think)

Me love: King Julien

Like Alex, Marty, Gloria and Melman, I like to move it, do you?


Au revoir,
Miss Bee.

I tweet on:  https://twitter.com/#!/DevikaBharadwaj

Facebook Fanpage:  http://www.facebook.com/shoestopper
Website: http://www.shoestopper.com/


P.S.- I'd like to tell you, DO NOT GO TO STUPID CINEMAX. They charged a NON-refundable cost on the 3d glasses and when I called the manager to tell him no one has ever charged for 3d glasses and that they are cheating us outright, he told me I could return the tickets and leave. :| I will pay obnoxious high rates even at PVR, but I am NOT going to Cinemax. Nope. (Couldn't even find their customer care/ complaint service's email address or anything).

I'd like to share another funny thing that happened while lots of disgruntled customers were talking to the manager. A lady said, "Now we should all ask Aamir Khan to fight for us." I found it SO funny; but I'm keeping my lips sealed on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment