Thursday, January 17, 2013

The sun, the moon, and everything in between...

Moi!

The weather here, in Vaasa, Finland, is so weird. It's the coldest it has been since I've been here. It was -19 degrees Celsius this morning and I can see the sun today after maybe five or six days! *phew* I can't even begin to express how good it feels to see the sun. The afternoons here seem like Mumbai's evenings and the rest of the time feels like night. It's funny how the weather is so gloomy and dark, and the snow is, of course, white. Such a contrasting, pretty sight.
Even the Finns say that it's the darkest time of the year. I sure as hell believed them.... until right now.

It's -18 degrees Celsius, the sun is shining brightly, AND I can see the moon in the sky. It's beautiful! Also, thanks to daddy dearest, I bought a new camera. So, I've tried to take my first panorama shot, ever! I'd like to believe it's not so bad. These were all taken today. Enjoy the pictures!

The sun rising... my first ray of happiness today. :D 


Wish I could frame this scene up... So serene. 
  

And here comes the moon, at around 13:45...

My first panorama shot! Tried to get the moon and the sun in the same frame. Of course you can't see the sun because it's shining so brightly right now! Let's hope, I get better at this. 
Hopefully, I'll have pictures of the Aurora Borealis to share with you soon enough! (*IF* I get to see them) Heading to Santa Claus' Village this weekend! Ta-daaa!

Au revoir,
Miss Bee.

I tweet on:  https://twitter.com/#!/DevikaBharadwaj
Facebook Fanpage:  http://www.facebook.com/shoestopper
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/devikabharadwaj


No comments:

Post a Comment