Monday, October 10, 2011

Of cheese and chilies.... *slurp*

Salut!

I don't usually go all gaga about food or any particular restaurants. I'm not the "foodie" and always-experimenting-with-new-food type of person.  But every once a while I find a dish or a place worth raving and gushing about. And one such place I'm now officially crazy about is Quattro. Located opposite Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel, Quattro is one place I recommend. My girlfriends and I randomly decided to try some place new; one suggested Quattro and we decided to give it a shot.

Like I said, I'm not really a foodie. Though I'm a sucker for cheese and cheese and cheese. So most of the things we did end up ordering from the Italian, Mexican menu card of Quattro was full of cheese.
So to begin with, we ordered Mocktails, Margaritas and Iced tea (FYI: they don't have a liquor license yet). They weren't mind-blowing, but the taste was regular. The drinks were served in massive glasses and the quantity sure was enormously gigantic!

For starters we ordered Cheese Fondue. *slurp* The fondue dip as such was brilliant with a nice garlic flavour. However, what I personally didn't really like here was the quality of the bread served along. It wasn't the right kind of crisp and was almost too hard to bite at the sides.
Next, we ordered a dish I don't remember the name of, but basically it was buttered rice with a nice vegetable dish. The gravy was delicious and the dish had an assortment of baby corn, capsicum, bell peppers and lots of other veggies.

Lastly, (I was saving the best for the last,) we had Chile Rellano. *water in my mouth*  Every, I repeat, Every time I think of Chile Rellano I have tears in my eyes. Not because it was spicy or anything, but it was just too god damn delicious. It is basically a gigantic chilly stuffed with cheese (and I think a wee bit of mashed potatoes. Not too sure.) But whatever it was, it sure blew my mind away. It was the perfect blend of the nearly bland taste of cheese and very mild hot flavour of the chilly teasing you.
Along with this meal, they served rice with beans and salad with a bit of sour cream.
They serve varied sauces on every table, and there were two worth trying. One was an olive sauce and another was a ginger and chilly sauce. Both are worth trying!

Surprisingly, for their quality of food and service, I think Quattro was cheap. For a group of  3, we ordered two starters, one main course meal and three drinks; and all of this cost us about 1500-1600. Cool, eh?

I think if you are a vegetarian, this is one place you'll love (due to lack of mention of any dead things, you can clearly tell I'm a vegetarian and a proud one at that.) Even if you aren't a vegetarian, I think Quattro won't disappoint and you'll definitely get some other cool vegetarian meal apart from cottage cheese.

Tell me if you like it. Or don't.

Au revoir,
Miss Bee.

I tweet on: http://twitter.com/#!/DevikaBharadwaj

P.S.- We missed out on the delicious looking desserts because we too full to consume even a single drop of water. Next time. :)

2 comments:

  1. too bad about the dessert. i heard they serve a fine cheesecake.:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!
    But there's always a next time... :D

    ReplyDelete