Sunday, August 19, 2012

Tiger proves the power of 'stars'...

Salaam!

After a tedious day of shopping yesterday, I was feeling generous and thus, I agreed to go on a world tour with my mother. Oops! Sorry, I meant I agreed to watch Ek Tha Tiger with mes parents. I will try to do justice to humanity and the credit its intelligence is given and keep this review really short. 


Why Ek tha Tiger works. He is why. 
Ek Tha Tiger is quintessentially a post-40-Salman Khan film. The Yash Raj banner, Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif and the song Mashallah are the sole reasons people went for the movie and helped them make crores of rupees. 


What was good?
Photography, especially in the first couple scenes where 'Tiger' is hunting for an agent gone rogue, look good. Mashallah the video was good too. It came at the end with the credits, but more than half the theater stayed back and watched the entire song. (Were still trying to make up for the money spent on the movie). 
I also liked Ranvir Shorey. I am biased here. I think he's a good actor and I like him in whichever role he plays.


The only good thing in Ek tha Tiger.
This song makes me miss
Belly Dancing terribly.
For the sake of my mother, who enjoyed the film, I'm going to say CERTAIN action scenes were good. I also liked Salman's costumes in the film; especially the Afghani look ones. Made him look real good. 
What I liked best were the locations. This movie, much like Agent Vinod, covered so many countries and showed where all I could plan my next vacation. I took a virtual tour to Cuba, Afghanistan, Dublin, Kazakhstan, Iraq and apni Dilli of course. Or wait, was it all Mehboob studio? *face palm*


What was bad (which made it funny)? 
Stunts in Ek Tha Tiger. *seals lips*
Romantic songs that crop up every time Katrina Kaif and Salman Khan blink. The story. The logic in the story.
Additionally, for my own sake, may I mention the stunts? They were impossible and funny. I believe everything Bruce Wayne can do, but the kind of effects they give in Sallu movies make me sit back and laugh. Then, there's this other car chasing scene where animation has been used and... it's PATHETIC to the C. 'Nuff said. 


On the whole:
the movie made me laugh and wonder when it will get over; showed places which I'd like to visit; made me feel like Katrina may have put on some weight on her face(not a good thing to observe, no?) and make me understand that I'll never watch a Sallu movie which does not have a good song/video in it. 
Go if you need some time pass and the wallet is still feeling heavy. Like me, you might just end up laughing at everything that was not intended to be laughed at. 

My Rating: **

Ek tha Tiger has made some 33 crores before the end of the weekend. It is clear proof of what a powerful star cast can do. Sadly, this motivates them to make more such films. 

Godspeed to good cinema. Wherever it is. 

Au revoir,

Miss Bee.

I tweet on:  https://twitter.com/#!/DevikaBharadwaj
Facebook Fanpage:  http://www.facebook.com/shoestopper
Website: http://www.shoestopper.com/



P.S.- Might I just add how darn expensive shopping has become; and every other store has almost the same design! Style has died. Fashion killed it. I spent an obscene amount of money but barely had any weight of shopping bags in my hands. :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment