Sunday, May 27, 2012

I have found soul in the soil... 2

Salut!

2 European nations have gone for voting; Aamir Khan finally made his TV debut; Petrol prices hiked; Karan Johar turned 40; I got a new maid; and lots of world-changing events have taken place since I last published the post on my gardening project.
Life has changed and grown with a lot more meaning up top over here... (referring to my terrace garden).

One of the many things that I have learnt from gardening is patience. You can't rush nature. You have to wait, you have to work, you have to love, for it to flourish; almost like everything else in life.
So after a lot of waiting, working and loving, I have seen these results in my mini-farm/garden. Have a look, mateys!

There are new additions to my farm! These are: Coriander, Fenugreek and Marigold. 
Note: Please do have a look at the photos in the previous post (I have found soul in the soil) and you will see how much these living organisms have grown!
Also, you will find the beginner's tip below!

Soul in the soil

Still haven't found the name of this one! But it's blossoming wonderfully! 

Still haven't found the name of this one! 

Marigold plant... That's the latest addition to my garden!

Aloe Vera

Fresh and long Peppermint!

Another new additon! Fenugreek/ Methi. 

The tall upshoots  that you see in the same plant are, I assume, of onions. I am not sure because I did not plant it; however, occasionally some plants do grow out of the earth. The reason I assume is that the mud must have previously been home to roots of those plants. 

Curry leaves!

That is one plant I am most proud of!
Presenting the first flowers on my tomato plant! Once the flowers set in in any plant, the fruit/vegetable isn't far away! 

Tomato flowers! 

THE tomato plant

Still haven't found the name, but these flowers make me happy 
Would appreciate help with the name! 

Welcoming Red chilies to my garden!

The majestic green chillies

Fresh red chilies

MUST SEE!
Like I said in my previous post, the chilies come  out from where the flowers blossom. In this picture you can see a part of the flower still clinging to that newly born chilly. Fascinating, isn't it? 

Upcoming chilies!
P.S.- I had to hold on to the plant because there was so much breeze on the terrace! It's the south-westerly winds!Monsoon's coming Mumbaikars! 

Upcoming chilies!
P.S.- I had to hold on to the plant because there was so much breeze on the terrace! It's the south-westerly winds!Monsoon's coming Mumbaikars! 

Another new addition!
Coriander/Dhania! You can plant these too, all you need is the seeds, which are available in most Indian household kitchens. 

Palm plants.
They are slightly burnt because of the strong summer sunlight.

That's my farm!




That's a view of my terrace! My haven from this cruel, cruel world...

It would give me immense and absolute pleasure if these posts urge you to get even one single plant. Life would be a lot happier if it were greener. So please do find some time to plant a pot. You can't fully know what I mean until you actually experience it.

For those, who do have plants or practice gardening, I have one beginner's tip for you.

BEGINNER'S TIP: Do not water your plants in the afternoon. Mornings are the BEST time to water them. In case you can't, or have busy mornings, do it in the evening, but NOT the afternoon. The reason for this is very simple. Plants, or their leaves specifically, get burnt when you water them in the sunlight as strong as that of the afternoon in summer. (This is actually my mommy's advice... :D )

Hope you plan to find soul in the soil, too. Until then, 

Au revoir,

Miss Bee.

I tweet on:  https://twitter.com/#!/DevikaBharadwaj
Facebook Fanpage:  http://www.facebook.com/shoestopper
Website: http://www.shoestopper.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment